nanog mailing list archives

Re: Peering Policy ( was Re: AGIS/DIGEX )

From: Scott Huddle <huddle () mci net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:49:37 -0500

Michael Dillon <michael () memra com> wrote

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Scott Huddle wrote:

Applying lets say 1 cent per  100 bit charge, AAA gets $455.64 from BBB

So here is my question -- why is this kind of arrangement not being used
anywhere???

The bookkeeping costs $2000 per month for *BOTH* providers to monitor
this, collect data, collect bills, etc....

Source of data, please?

Same source as the other guy's data. I pulled it out of thin air.
Actually, I figured $2,000 per month would be an appropriate salary for
one clerk to handle this job.

And the point was that managing settlements costs money. We know that in
the POTS system the costs of usage based billing are at least 50% of the
total.

OK, do you have a source for the POTs number?

-scott