nanog mailing list archives

Re: GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () easynet net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 18:17:07 +0100

On Fri, 18 Oct 96 20:30:42 +0400
 alex () relcom eu net alleged:

  >You said - "gated"? Oh my gawd...

  It's very popular in some circles to bash gated; I'm not quite sure why.
  I'm seldom able to get specific, substantive criticisms from people who
  make comments like these, other than to say that the configuration langua
ge
  is not obvious and not well-documented (I agree, for now).

The documentation could be a little better, but the command langauge
is far superior to IOS. The only think I'd love in gated is aspath-prepend,
which I'm hacking in myself...

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
neil () EASYNET NET        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)