nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hey, anyone who wanna help improve the net stability?

From: "Justin W. Newton" <justin () erols com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 19:17:51 -0400

At 03:01 PM 9/5/96 -0500, Alan Hannan wrote:

] Of the class cs from the swamp how many are now being routed at the
] defaultless core?  HOW MANY ADDITIONAL CLASS Cs FROM THE SWAMP ARE THERE
] FOR WHICH THE OWNERS COULD DEMAND ROUTING?

 Lots.

Uhm, I dunno that people can really /demand/ routing.  Ask for it, expect it
or pray for it yes, but there is no reason that ISP X won't come up with a
policy tomorrow saying we have a policy saying that we won't route any
addresses that come from Justin.

Justin Newton
Internet Architect
Erol's Internet Services