nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interesting social phenomenon...

From: ipasha () teleglobe net
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 15:58:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

Why are so many people (who should know better!) posting "why is the
Internet broken" messages to NANOG?  I mean, it's not like the mail is
going to get delivered until AFTER the problem is fixed!

        It's not so important when the FYI type messages get delivered ?
        Because they are just that, FYI.

Kinda reminds me of the individuals who show up in the IETF terminal
room unable to configure TCP/IP on their Win95 laptop.

Come on people, THINK.  E-mail is not an efficient way of discussing
an outage in progress!

                                        ---Rob

        Ismat.