nanog mailing list archives

Re: Implementing anti-abuse techniques on ISP networks....

From: Andy Pitts <andy () rbdc rbdc com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:14:48 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know about the "huge players", but we're an Internet Service
Provider, not an Internet Blockage Provider.  We don't allow spoofing,
and we don't allow relaying, but we're not about to put filters
to prevent dialup customers from connecting wherever they want.

I too, am a small Internet Service Provider, and I too, don't want
to block sites that my users may want to access.  But there seems
to be a few domains that do nothing but generate spam.  Am I not
providing a service to my users if I prevent them from being
smothered with spam from those sites?
--
Andy Pitts                 : "Knowledge is a deadly friend
andy () rbdc rbdc com         :  When no one sets the rules."