nanog mailing list archives

Re: Summary of ANTI-spam techniques now available

From: David Stoddard <dgs () us net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 17:13:08 -0400 (EDT)

        FWIW, we have an anti-spam list on our site that is used by a
        lot of other ISPs on the net.  It contains all of the known
        Cyberpromo domains and IP address blocks, and a ton of other
        stuff.  You can get our active list anytime by sending an email
        message to:

        spamlist () us net

        The list is ready to load into sendmail 8.8.6 using the filter rules
        available at:

        http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/%7Eca/email/chk-newmap.html

        BTW, we will remove any entry in the file as long as the
        spammer agrees to sign and notarize a contract that establishes
        damages at $10,000 per incident if it happens again (and we WILL
        enforce the contract).  If they are ISPs, I want to talk personally
        to the owner of the company.  We don't put entries into the list
        lightly, and we don't remove them lightly either.

        Dave Stoddard
        US Net Incorporated
        301-572-5926
        dgs () us net