nanog mailing list archives

RE: perf #s for GRF vs 7500 Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP S witch?

From: Paul Peterson <paulp () winterlan com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 01:40:42 -0700

Has anyone compared the figures or have any feelings regarding the Bay
Networks BCN ??

We are considering one over a Cisco 7513/RSP4 or a GRF.

Bay claims to hold the entire Internet routing table in just 4-6MB RAM
per BGP peer (I assume this is after convergence). They say that the
method in which they do this is proprietary. I am just wondering if it
is possible.....

TIA
Paul...