nanog mailing list archives

Re: Adjusting BGP timers on high-latency links

From: "Barry A. Dykes" <bdykes () genuity net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 12:21:55 -0700

neighbor *.*.*.* advertisement-interval (0-600 seconds)

External peers are already 30 seconds and internal I beleive is 5 sec.
Anyway I hope that this is what you are looking for.

Barry

We're running into a problem getting an iBGP session to remain active
with a remote site connected via a high latency link (VSAT T1).  The router
at this end of the link (cisco 7513) also eBGP peers with a couple of
upstream ISP's.

Is there a way to adjust BGP keepalive timers on a per neighbor basis?
Haven't been able to figure out a way under any of CISCO's IOS's version
(we're running IOS 11.x on our boxes).

TIA

--curtis
--