nanog mailing list archives

Re: Digital SNMP Pollable Thermometers

From: "Joseph C. Pistritto" <jcp () pointcast com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 12:25:33 -0700

At 04:38 PM 6/14/97 +0100, Alex.Bligh wrote:
Mercedes-Benz automobiles also will have this feature through wireless
access via the CAN-Bus. Outside air temperature, engine temperature and
several passenger compartment comfort settings are accessible.

IMHO parking a Merc inside your NOC to tell the temperature is overkill.

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks

Not at all.  Consider it a mobile emergency backup generator with really
good packaging.  Oh, and of course, time and temperature indication.  If I
were still working for the US government, I bet I could even write the
purchasing document for one.

        -jcp-
        PointCast Network