nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network IP analysis?

From: Robert Bowman <rob () elite exodus net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:16:57 -0700 (PDT)

Cisco's Netflow will do the trick.  sh ip cache flow (once you've enabled netflow
on your interface desired)

rob

Howdy,
Does anyone know of any good IP monitoring tools that can log/monitor the
TYPES of IP traffic going across your netowork (ie: one that logs tcp/udp and
esp port numbers/types of traffic)?  Something that could query a router
would be nice, although I am unaware of any routers that support such a feature.
Even something that you could put on a box on the same ethernet subnet would
do the job.  I'm curious as to the types of traffic our customers are pushing
as I am attempting to better analyze our usage.

Thanks.

Bruce Potter                    Internet Alaska, Inc.
gdead () alaska net                Grateful Admin
InterNIC Handle: BGP4  ;-)
PGP Public Key: http://www.alaska.net/~gdead/gdead.asc
Key ID:   1024/F12AC0B1