nanog mailing list archives

RE: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

From: "Wheeler, Jesse W" <jesse_wheeler () reyrey com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 14:05:45 -0700

So are we all going to all resort to name calling now to get our points
across?
Every time you deal with a dynamic object such as the Internet, where
conditions
can change on a minute by minute basis, benchmark results are close to
useless.

The only thing that benchmarks on a dynamic object can do is give you a
rough
estimate of the actual throughput..  The variables to be tested in
something massive
as the Internet and too numerous to count..

SO, lets get on with it :)

Jesse W. Wheeler
Quality Assurance Analyst

Reynolds & Reynolds