nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN is not/is too/is not/is too... blah.

From: "Wayne D. Correia" <wayne () eff org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:44:38 -0800

At 11:09 AM -0800 3/29/97, Michael Dillon wrote:
This will not happen unless you lie to ARIN and forge documents to back up
your lies. If this did happen, not only would your criminal behavior be
made public but I would urge the FBI to lay charges against you. If the
FBI would not do this I would urge ISOC and EFF to file a civil suit
against you. I suspect the FTC would also have some interest if you are
selling IP addresses which you do not own since IP addresses are not
things which you buy, they are also not things which you can sell.

Excuse me? EFF?

Wayne D. Correia   Electronic Frontier Foundation  tel: +1.415.436.9333
<wayne () eff org>    1550 Bryant Street, Suite 725   fax: +1.415.436.9993
                   San Francisco, CA 94103 USA     <http://www.eff.org>