nanog mailing list archives

Re: AGIS Signing up New Spammers

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () devel nacs net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 20:34:49 -0500

On Fri, Nov 14, 1997 at 06:28:35PM -0500, Phil Lawlor wrote:
At 05:36 PM 11/14/97 -0500, Jon Lewis wrote:
Didn't Phil just say you guys were cutting off all the bulk mailers, or
are there ways to spam through AGIS leased lines without violating the AUP
(which I've not yet read)?

AGIS has not knowingly signed up any new spammers.  Our sales people now
qualify new sales as *not* being spammers.  We only have to worry about
existing customers becoming spammers, and new customers lying about there
business before we hook them up.  If somebody is somehow able to send bulk

That's what strict contracts are for.

--
  Steve Sobol, Tech Support, New Age Consulting Service, Inc. 216 619-2000
                 sjsobol @ nacs.net     http://www.nacs.net