nanog mailing list archives

Re: Flamed for off topic...

From: Michael Dillon <michael () priori net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 10:05:52 -0700

At 6:34 AM -0400 9/11/97, Sean M. Doran wrote:
"Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org> writes:

What list is that then Michael?

Shhh, Neil, you know it's not nice to undermine people's
carefully crafted veneers of omniscience.

Tsk tsk Sean. If you start teaching people that carefully crafted veneers
of omniscience exist they might start seeing them everywhere they look! ;-)

Here's a fragment from a message Paul Ferguson posted back in late July:

   >[2] Is there an equivalent to NANOG for Europe and Asia and is there
   >an equivalent list which discusses operational issues for these
   >    continents? Pointers appreciated.

   Yes, for Europe there's the RIPE-discuss list (for which I don't have
   an immediate reference) and for Asia, there's the apops list:

     Asia Pacific Ops <apops () apnic net>

Alas, I too do not have an immediate refernce although I have seen this
list referenced before as the European analog of the NANOG list. Perhaps
one of you omniscient Europeans could set us straight as to whether such a
list does exist and if not, why not. After all, some of us North Americans
might be interested in poking our noses into your side of the pond once in
a while...

Michael Dillon                    voice: +1-650-482-2840
Senior Systems Architect            fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."