nanog mailing list archives

Re: What happened?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:07:06 -0400

On Thu, Aug 13, 1998 at 04:29:53PM -0700, Joe McDonald wrote:

Looks like InterNIC is cleaning house.  Some 48,000 domains disappeared
from the roots last night.

Didn't they check to make sure they weren't deleting valid domains?!

This is worse than the time I worked on the phone with one of their support
people and they screwed up and changed the domain record to "nacs.com", which
effectively removed NACS.NET from the database altogether. I bet the National
Association of College Stores wasn't too happy either. (They are nacs.com.)

--
Steve Sobol, Cartel Member #1489 (tinc)

Quote of the year: "If Bill [Gates] were tan, buffed and weighed 240 pounds, I
bet people would dig IS." - Michael Cohn, COMPUTERWORLD Magazine, 8/3/98.