nanog mailing list archives

Re: More Sidgemore on per-bit pricing

From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () robotics net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:10:09 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

Oh yeah, I got that, Nathan.  It's just that I get miffed when people
keep going on (don't take this personal) about how cool it is that I
can get my loop down from $300 to $150... when my router port is still
$1800.  Nice, yeah, but not what people mean when they blather about
"cheap bandwidth".  If it's _that_ cheap, it's running under completely
different assumptions than a standard T-1; viz: cable modems.

I dont take it personal because I agree with you. :-)

--
<>
Nathan Stratton                         Telecom & ISP Consulting

And now for something completely different.  Anyone need a wireless T-1?
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=47936641

Cheers,
-- jr 'got a bunch of 5251 cards, too' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.