nanog mailing list archives

Re: Broken domain statistics...

From: dlr () bungi com (Dave Rand)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 07:33:03 PST

[In the message entitled "Re: Broken domain statistics..." on Feb 13,  2:24, Jon Lewis writes:]

That brings up another question.  What can/should be done with such
"tainted" IP space?  Who in their right mind would want space previously
used by Cyberpromo?  It's almost as if they destroyed the IP space they
used.

It's an interesting question.  I had the first dealing with it a couple
of days ago.  A site called me, and wanted off the RBL.  Turned out it
was one of the sites that hosted a nameserver for a few days for Cyberpromo.
After the standard set of questions, I removed them - but I know that
they are going to have a whole heap of trouble with the thousands of other
sites that were blocking Cyberpromo.

Without a central registry, unblocking "bad" addresses is going to be a
huge job.

--
Dave Rand
dlr () bungi com