nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reporting Little Blue Men

From: Eric Osborne <osborne () notcom com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:55:52 -0500 (EST)

How do you prevent packets from your network with a broadcast address, since
what defines a "broadcast" address really depends on the subnet mask?

eric

We prevent ANY packets to or from our network with a broadcast
address.  We don't filter on a per-machine basis for address
spoofing, but ALL packets leaving our network must have a valid
address on our network.  Basically, one user on our network can spoof
another user on our network, but no users can spoof addresses that
are not on our network.

--Eric
--
Eric Wieling (eric () ccti net), Chesapeake Communications Corporation
Sales: sales () ccti net 504-585-1850, Support: support () ccti net

We have changed our name!  Corporate Communications Technology is now
known as Chesapeake Communications Corporation.