nanog mailing list archives

Re: Government scrutiny is headed our way

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () shell nacs net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:10:43 -0400

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 10:33:29PM -0400, Jamie Scheinblum wrote:
And then you'll get wrapped up in the court-case, probably lose the case
since they'll be able to hire better lawyers and fight it out longer, the
judge/jury will have no idea what your talking about, and you'll still be
the victim of the smurf attacks.  My guess is, you won't get far this way.
Too many people to sue.

I still like the idea of running a scan of the entire IP space, as expensive
and tiring it would be, and inject them all into the RBL.

Nice idea, but one of limited usefulness - not everyone uses the RBL

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,