nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spammers

From: Phil Howard <phil () charon ipal net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 19:18:08 -0500 (CDT)

I may be on the wrong list here but here it goes.

Can someone direct me to the right place for complaining about a US ISP who
continues to host a know spammer. We can block his domain but this might not
be fair to others. I have spoken to the LA providor (who I will not name as
yet) after he refused to answer e-mail. However calling the US from
Australia can get expensive. Any ideas where to turn?

By all means block them, if it solves a problem.  If you have proof of what
they are doing, why not go ahead and name them, including the proof.  Or just
enclose a sample of the spam, headers and all, without any accusations.

It would be unfair to others to NOT help get rid of this ISP and/or get the
other customers of this ISP to move on to greener pastures sooner.

--
Phil Howard | crash517 () dumbads0 org stop3184 () noplace6 edu w6x0y1z7 () no9place edu
  phil      | ads3suck () noplace4 edu a2b9c6d8 () no6where edu eat5this () spam6mer com