nanog mailing list archives

Re: Core router bakeoff?

From: Brian Wallingford <brian () meganet net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 23:17:07 -0400

Blake Willis wrote:
ComOS release 3.5 now supports Variable Length Subnet Masks. In previous
releases ComOS required the same netmask to be used for all subnets of a
network. <snip snip>

I believe that this was also the first ComOS to support OSPF.  Have fun
with your router...

And 3.7 began support for BGP4.  I'm still waiting for someone to share
the results of the analog of 'sh ip bgp sum'.  According to a very
loquacious Lucent advocate for whom I have a good deal of respect, the
PM3 will take 4 full views on 16Meg, with room to breathe.  Purely out
of curiosity, has anyone seen this in action?

Brian
Meganet Communications, TCIx, Inc.