nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN?

From: "Scott Gifford" <sgifford () tir com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:42:23 -0500

On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 03:36:53PM -0600, Phil Howard wrote:

The other purpose, however, is used to justify address space allocation.

Ok, this question just occurred to me...

NACS is going to need a new /19 pretty soon. But we have 13 Class C's
used for things like dialups, servers, web virtual hosts, etc. So how can
we explain our need for more addresses when much of our current /19 may
appear
to be unused, since it isn't SWIP'd?

  We just put "internal use" on the ARIN form to request the allocation,
explained what each block was used for in the justification section, and had
no problem whatsoever.

------Scott.