nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lawsuit threat against RBL users

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:19:17 -0500

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 11:51:51AM -0500, Sheryl Chapin wrote:

However, what I don't like is the idea that we might have to make that
change not based on what we think is acceptable use, but based on what some
self appointed group has decided it should be.  The consequences of not
going along being that we get blackholed.

Sheryl: On the one hand I agree with points that you've made. On the other
hand, the other ISP's own their equipment and pay for their bandwidth and
have a right to block other providers if they so choose. Blocking (hopefully)
is not a decision that most ISP's take lightly.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol () nacs net]
Part-time Support Droid [support () nacs net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."