nanog mailing list archives

Re: NIC database/whois

From: Robert Szarka <szarka () downcity net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 02:18:27 -0500

At 08:11 PM 2/7/99 , Becki Kain wrote:
anyone else noticed the NIC "losing" a set of domain registrations, around
the time of January 11 (during their "speculator" issues), where the NIC
took the modify, modified the domain, then reset it to it's previous
settings (from January 9)?

Something similar may have happened to one of the domains hosted here, but
I think it was at an earlier date.  Submissions--even ones that were
acknowledged--were lost over the past month, that's for sure, despite their
plea for us not to resubmit!

also, is there a way to do the old "whois server <server NIC name>" to
show everything a server is registered for?  I can't seem to get that to
work, no matter what whois I try.

There is a form somewhere on their site for requesting that roughly
equivalent info be sent via email.  It took them a couple of days to get it
to me, as I recall, but it did work when I tried it last month.

Ah, here it is:

http://rs.internic.net/reports/

--

Robert Szarka