nanog mailing list archives

Re: Suggestion: Add contact entry to whois

From: owen () DeLong SJ CA US (Owen DeLong)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:56:31 -0800

Wow, Bob is angry.  I must be doing something right. :-)

Anyway, the proposal relates to domains registered with InterNIC and other
registries that maintain top-level information (country domains, ARIN, RIPE,
APNIC, etc.)  As such, I am referring to entries like:

Free Community Network (FCN3-DOM)
   PO Box 191 Station E
   Toronto, ON M6H 4E2
   CA

   Domain Name: FCN.NET

   Administrative Contact:
      Allisat, Bob  (BA502)  tor () WTV NET
      (416) 534-1999 (FAX) n/a
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      ABRAHAMSEN, GARD  (GA663)  gard () SCRIBA ORG
      (770) 652-9537 (FAX) (770) 977-4816
   Billing Contact:
      Allisat, Bob  (BA502)  tor () WTV NET
      (416) 534-1999 (FAX) n/a

   Record last updated on 11-Apr-98.
   Database last updated on 26-Feb-99 07:15:02 EST.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   FCN.NET                      208.222.122.41
   LOLITA.MSI-SOLUTIONS.COM     208.222.122.34

Gee... Looks like Bob published some information for that domain. :-)

Owen

Owen DeLong wrote:
OK, perhaps, then, we should consider two contacts:
Complaints contact (the destination for complaints
about SPAMMERS and such) (SPAM)

Dan Hollis:
= Abuse contact.

DeLong:
Enforcement contact (the destination for people who can
respond to real-time hacking concerns) (SMURF, FLOOD,
HACKING)

Hollis:
= Security contact.

 FCN gives no contacts for the Domain names
 registered here. It is no-one's business who
 registers with us. We are not in the business
 of acting as snitches for overly snoopy and
 prying computer system administrators. If any-
 one has a problem they can contact the police
 and, accompanied with an appropriate court
 order we will be happy to comply with any real,
 legitimate investigation. Otherwise fork off,
 nosey nerds, it's none of your darned business.

 Bob Allisat

 Free Community Network _ bob () fcn net
 http://fcn.net _ http://fcn.net/allisat
 http://robin.fcn.net