nanog mailing list archives

Re: Incompetance abounds at the InterNIC

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:09:26 -0500

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 08:06:08AM -0500, Rich Sena wrote:

Third, the idea that it only takes minutes or a few days to process a
payment is wrong.  It takes up to eleven business days to clear a check. A
week to mail, and a week to process is not unreasonable, which quickly adds
up to about 30 days.  Credit card payments can take 60 days to clear, since
they can be refuted when it appears on your bill.

Now you are getting ridiculous (surprise surprise) - you are arguing the
1% argument here - (here are some more straws in case you are running
short).  First - I would only accept credit card payment from individuals
and then I would invoice accounts that can establish a line of credit (I
would assume those that register and HAVE PAID for a volume of domains -
the keys word there are HAVE PAID)

NetSol already maintains debit accounts for those people who choose to open
one.

--
Steve Sobol sjsobol () nacs net (AKA support () nacs net and abuse () nacs net)

"Can you look out the window, without your shadow getting in the way"
   --Sarah McLachlan - "Building a Mystery"