nanog mailing list archives

Re: Who are you gonna call?

From: "Michael P. Lucking" <michael () lucking com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:28:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Michael Dillon wrote:

Next would be to call all your circuit providers and ask them what numbers
to call in the event of a problem on New Years Day. They will all have set
up some coordination facility to deal with such issues so talk them into
giving you some numbers that will reach the facility. If they won't give
you those numbers then find out who, within the telco, would be able to
contact the cordination facility and get access numbers for those people.

I spent the day today calling and e-mailing my CLECs/RBOCs peers and
providers. So far nobody has a plan to do much different on New Years
Eve/Day. Some people are planning on extra staff. Several people had no idea
if anyone in their company had given any thought to doing something
different. A few of the larger companies did have "special" numbers
setup for use for y2k problems/issues with their service. This
did give me a change to update phone numbers, and contact names.

Michael Lucking                                     Michael () Lucking COM