nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is there anyone at Netcom with a clue

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:26:23 -0500

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 05:58:59PM -0600, Phil Howard wrote:
trying to collect a past due account (since I had to cut off payment
to get them cut off, it would look to their books like unpaid).  He
then said he had a copy of my resume and asked me if I might be
interested in working for them.  I related my experiences to him
and asked if the problems had been corrected, yet.  He said he didn't
know.  I said it probably wasn't the place for me to work.  He then
said "probably not".

It's corporate culture.  Beware.

OTOH, I get relatively little spam from Netcom.  Go figure.

They seem to have finally gotten the clue last year, having dumped a couple
big spammers.

But they CONTINUE to send back auto-acks to spam complaints that make them
look like they are run by a bunch of untrained monkeys.

--
Steve Sobol sjsobol () nacs net (AKA support () nacs net and abuse () nacs net)

    "The world is headed for mutiny/When all we want is unity"
          --Creed, "One"