nanog mailing list archives

Re: InterNIC whois toast

From: Phil Howard <phil () whistler intur net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:54:05 -0600 (CST)

Some of the domains seem to be corrupt, too:

| phil@whistler:/home/phil 12> whois yahoo.com
| [rs.internic.net]
| [No name] (Yahoo)
|    JPH17
|
|    Address: 3400 Central Expressway, Suite 201
| Santa Clara, CA 95051
|    System: ? running COM
|
|    3
|

| The InterNIC Registration Services database contains ONLY
| non-military and non-US Government Domains and contacts.
| Other associated whois servers:

Ehud Gavron wrote:

Right now the domains they do show have no POCs.

I can only assume this is gross negligence and not malfeasance.

Ehud
p.s. 128.65/16, stolen.  If you have any records of this net,
     contact me -- Internic lost their data and says we must pay arin.

whois is reporting that most domains are nonexistant:

whois root-servers.net
[rs.internic.net]
No match for "ROOT-SERVERS.NET".

The InterNIC Registration Services database contains ONLY
non-military and non-US Government Domains and contacts.
Other associated whois servers:
  American Registry for Internet Numbers - whois.arin.net
  European IP Address Allocations        - whois.ripe.net
  Asia Pacific IP Address Allocations    - whois.apnic.net
  US Military                            - whois.nic.mil
  US Government                          - whois.nic.gov

--
Troy Davis

--
  --   | Inturnet, Inc.              | Director of Internet Services |   --