nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Solutions, HOSTS

From: David Denney <daud () dimensional com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:47:25 -0600

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 01:39:25PM -0700, Gregory A. Carter wrote:
I have been heavily investigating and considering using OpenSRS and
starting my own mini registry.  This is getting to be abolsutely
rediculous.  Any comments regarding OpenSRS suggestions?  How do you like
it?

My only problems with OpenSRS is that they do not allow us
'resellers' to make changes to customer domains. ONLY the
customer may (using a username/passwd) make changes to
their domains. That, obviously, make it hard to provide
top notch customer service for clients who need their hands
help. Also, if the customer does a charge-back of their
payment for the domain the reseller cannot put the domain
on hold or even block it from being transfered elsewhere. :(

Greg

--
David Denney           | D i m e n s i o n a l   C o m m u n i c a t i o n s |
daud () dimensional com   | DSL/V90/K56flex/V34/ISDN/Frame/T1/T3 starts @$12/mo |

...they can have my ssh when they pry the keyboard out of my cold, dead hands!