nanog mailing list archives

Re: Packet Loss

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:51:20 -0500

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:24:04 CST, "John R. Grant" said:
<cringe>
that would be 9600 bit per inch GCR format 9-track tape, don't you think?
</cringe>

At least in the IBM world, the options for 7-track were 200/556/800 bpi
with even or odd parity, and mode=normal/data converter/translator. For
9-track the options are 800 NRZI, 1600 PE, and 6250 GCR.

I still have 21 9-track tapes in my office that I need to do something with,
as our last system with 3420-style round tapes is being decomissioned in
the next few months.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst