nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operations: where are you going to sit?

From: Kevin_Badeen () harte-hanks com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:39:23 -0600

Does Anyone have any Technical data for NOC building?  Maybe a "NOC
Building 101" or something like that.

Kevin Badeen
Unix Administrator
Harte-Hanks Response Management
512.434.5999 Tel
877.446.5548 Pag

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Simon        |
|        |          Lockhart     |
|        |          <simonl () rd bb|
|        |          c.co.uk>     |
|        |          Sent by:     |
|        |          owner-nanog@m|
|        |          erit.edu     |
|        |                       |
|        |                       |
|        |          12/06/2000   |
|        |          02:09 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:     Hal Murray <murray () pa dec com>
                           |
  |       cc:     nanog () merit edu
                           |
  |       Subject:     Re: Operations: where are you going to sit?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

   5) Lots of phone lines (including conference and analog)
that can call in and out and internationally

This isn't for the NOC proper, but it might be handy if you have
gear located in remote locations where a non-wizard might be pushing
buttons or reading lights for you.

Or if you've got international customers!

I could name a telco in NYC whose engineers are unable to call
international. This makes it kind of tricky to work on circuit problems
with them. Needless to say, I won't be buying more circuits from them...

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516