nanog mailing list archives

.procmailrc recipie WAS Re: Netgate.net.nz/ORBS spam colusion

From: "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc () iMach com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 18:57:14 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Dean Anderson wrote:
I would like to get your opinions on this.

Crap.  I guess I get to add the second entry of this type to my
.procmailrc.

For everyone else's benefit, the following works quite nicely.  Add to
your .procmailrc near the top.

----CUT HERE----
:0
* ^From:.*dean () av8 com
/dev/null
----CUT HERE----

FWIW, his is only the SECOND address I have had to add to my .procmailrc.
The name of the first I won't mention as If I do, I understand several
nanog member's filters will toss this message by even mentioning the
person.

You may also want to include a similar recipie for the followups...   The
proof is left to the reader.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc () imach com) KD7EHZ
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648