nanog mailing list archives

Re: www.etrade.com has no DNS A record !

From: John Hawkinson <jhawk () bbnplanet com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:04:26 -0500

From: Nanog Maillist <nanog () oneworld owt com>

Whereas you are missing the simple courtesy of an identity?
Or the courtesy of keeping frivolous replies off of the mailing list?

More realistically, though, I don't believe evaluation of the
utility of the mailing list is relevent at all to the humor axis.

Personally I don't think single site outages are nanog-relevent
unless they are really operationally relevent (root nameserver,
etc., etc.). On the other hand, I'm willing to accept them if
the consensus is against me.

But your comment seems to have no place here that I can see.

--jhawk