nanog mailing list archives

ISP performance

From: Rajesh Talpade <rrt () research telcordia com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:40:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folks

At the risk of making a possibly naive request, could
someone point me to data on ISP network performance
(routing stability, packet loss, latency) ? I am
primarily interested in the first metric, and am
trying to understand the relative stability of large,
_well-engineered_ ISP networks. In other words, with
what degree of confidence can I predict the IP-level
path between two PoPs of a large ISP. Please note
that I am not getting into the general Internet
performance here.

Somehow I get this feeling that the answer would be
a fairly large...it depends ! It would be useful to
understand the influencing factors as well.

Thanks.
Rajesh.

--
Rajesh R. Talpade rrt () research telcordia com 973 829-4261
Telcordia Technologies