nanog mailing list archives

CALEA Update

From: Chip Sharp <chsharp () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:36:34 -0400

At the NANOG meeting, I think I promised to provide an update on the CALEA meeting held at the end of June.

Information on CALEA JEM II can be found at http://www.tiaonline.org/standards/CALEA_JEM/

This includes the meeting minutes and latest draft of the JEM Report under "contributions".

I went away for 2 weeks vacation and when I returned I found that the Carnivore system that the FBI presented is now all over the news so there isn't much point going into it, although there is a lot of misinformation about what it does going around.

Any technical questions or comments, feel free to email me.

Chip

Chip Sharp, !Ph.D.                 JBM Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems
Reality - Love it or Change it.
http://www.netaid.org