nanog mailing list archives

Re: illicit above.net announcements?

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () mibh net>
Date: 01 Jun 2000 18:30:03 -0700

kai () pac-rim net (Kai Schlichting) writes:

Anyone here who is on the Vienna/London/Amsterdam exchange(s) and
who is seeing what is alleged here: above.net leaking and/or
flapping routes that are not their own ?

Abovenet receives /16's from a customer, who is the upstream of Manawatu.
Abovenet duly advertises these /16's to its other customers, and its peers.

Abovenet also blocks all traffic to/from ORBS, due to AUP violations.
Manawatu is ORBS's provider.  Abovenet has done nothing to interfere with
the /24 cutouts Alan is describing below.

re: