nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE-EAST Moving? from Tysons corner to reston VA.

From: Christian Nielsen <cnielsen () nielsen net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:37:24 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Richard A. Steenbergen wrote:

Infact a lot of "backbone to backbone" peering is still done with DS3s
(think of the content providers with little need to talk amongst eachother
in bulk, GlobalCenter, Exodus, AboveNet, etc).

This is incorrect. And yes, they all need to have good peering between them.

If we had a few more PAIX's and Equinix's in strategic locations the
internet would be a better place. :P

maybe, maybe not. But what is it, last I heard, there were going to be 60
PAIXs around the world.

Christian