nanog mailing list archives

Re: WHOIS source?

From: "Bora Akyol" <akyol () akyol org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:44:41 -0700

Steve

I believe that Stanford University Network Systems (SUNET)
group had a really cool implementation of a whois server that also
interfaced with an LDAP server to get user/machine/department/... info. When
I was there, this worked great. Not only this, but it was smart enough to
redirect whois queries coming from outside the university to internic.

I believe the folks who did that are now active in the LDAP WG of IETF and
also no longer work for Stanford.

Bora