nanog mailing list archives

Re: public key service

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:25:10 -0400

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:25:43 PDT, Randy Bush <randy () psg com>  said:

pgp public key service is becoming critical infrastructure.  unfortunately,
i have been unable to get useful key lookup for a long time.  i have been
trying
   <http://pgpkeys.mit.edu/>
at jeff schiller's recommendation, and
  <http://bs.mit.edu:8001/pks-toplev.html>
which used to work once upon a time.  neither work for me.

EXMH 2.1.2 and later shipped with http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup
as the URL to check by default.  I would have put www.pgp.net as the server,
but of the 5 servers I checked, 2 were net-unreachable and one tossed a 404.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst