nanog mailing list archives

Re: Here we go again

From: Scott Solmonson <scosol () speedera com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:26:11 -0800

Marc Slemko wrote:

That isn't what this attempt appears to be suggesting though.  It is
simply saying that, if users support a cause, they can willingly become
part of a denial of service attack.  I would suggest that each user that
decided to do so could potentially be breaking the law in many localities.
And they are easy to track.  You could do the same sort of thing by
telling users to run a program that ping floods a site.

You think so?

Is there any difference between me clicking "refresh" manually;
And me having something automated do the clicking for me?

--
Scott Solmonson
Speedera Networks Inc.