nanog mailing list archives

Re: UUNET security contacts

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <cmorrow () UU NET>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:06:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Chris Kilbourn wrote:

At 2:33 PM +0100 11/14/00, Simon Leinen wrote:
"dh" == David Harmelin <david.harmelin () dante org uk> writes:
Does anybody have a security-related email address at UUNET, which
is actually read by a human?

The procedure is to call them on the phone (24/7 support), as has been
explained recently on this mailing list:

http://nic.merit.edu/mail.archives/html/nanog/msg05535.html

Since you're a direct customer of UUnet this should definitely work.

I would beg to differ. It didn't work for us last Thursday night.

Chris, please give me a specific time, date and engineer's name you spoke
with. My engineers were on site until past 11:30pm that evening and did
NOT get a phone call from you, your corporation or someone claiming to be
you.

We (well, one of my folks called,) during a ping flood from
another UUNet customer, and were soundly rebuffed by the UUNet
rep on the other end of the line.

Do you have specifics about te incident (something you might want to send
in private email or a phone call) that I can use to track this down a bit
more?

Contrary to the rhetoric on the list from Chris, we did not get
the help we were supposed to get during this event.

Which number did you call?? And which engineer did you speak with?

--Chris