nanog mailing list archives

Re: When IPv6 ... if ever?

From: Andrew Brown <twofsonet () graffiti com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:44:35 -0400

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 09:03:23PM +0859, Masataka Ohta wrote:

I'm assuming you're being facetious.

I* (including but not limited to "I" and "IPv6") are facetious,
of course.

??? please clarify ...

A '*' character in a regular expression matches anything including
a null string, in this case, "", "Pv6" and maybe more.

A '*' character in a regular expression makes the preceding item match
zero or more times including a null string, in this case, "I".

A '*' character in a *shell glob* will match anything including a null
string, in this case , "", "Pv6" and maybe more.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
codewarrior () daemon org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet