nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:55:26 -0400

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 07:56:45PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:

operators care a lot more about FR than COM.  and remember that canada,
mexico, and other places think that they're part of north america.  though
i suspect they may wistfully regret having a bully in the neighborhood.

Yes, I'm sure Mexico's first thought when they're cashing that 1 billion
in foreign aid we send them yearly is "what bullies these gringos are".

And don't forget the 90 billion in products we buy from them every year,
I'm sure that angers them too.

Can we get back to discussing operational issues and leave the Ugly
American stereotypes on /. where they belong?