nanog mailing list archives

Re: HR 4445 Reciprocal Compensation (fwd)

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:04:00 -0400

Nathan Stratton wrote:

I've been thinking about this and I think the CLECS and ISP's might be
benefitted by the passing of this.  I think this bill will do more to
hurt the ILECS then help them in the long run.

The ILECs are like that, don't forget it was the ILECs who wanted
reciprocal compensation and fought to make it as high as possible so they
could make more money from CAPs like MFS.

I heard, on an Akron (Ohio) radio station today, an ad taken out by the
American ISP Association urging people to call their Akron-area
congresscritter (Tom Sawyer) to try to sway him to vote AGAINST HR
4445.

Things that make you go Hmmm... I might be misinformed, but I thought
HR4445 would benefit ISPs in some way.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net