nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cable cut: Southwest Missouri

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:22:41 -0700

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:16:18PM -0700, Sean Donelan exclaimed:

A cable cut in Missouri disrupted some services in the southwestern
part of the state, including Springfield.  Its unclear what services
were affected, but 500 Powerball lottery machines were out of service
until 3:15 this afternoon.

According to the Associated Press: "The severed line was owned by Sprint
Corp., which did not immediately return a phone call."

wow. My hometown area has made it into NANOG. My existence is now justified.
:)

(maybe that promise I made about not moving back until there were network
jobs is about to be fulfilled ...)

--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          sfrancis@ [work:]         t o n o s . c o m