nanog mailing list archives

Re: multi-homing fixes

From: John Fraizer <nanog () Overkill EnterZone Net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:21:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 jlewis () lewis org wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Brian Whalen wrote:

Well I remember seeing a message on groupstudy where somone from the tac
came on and made a statement along the lines that a substantial quantity
of cases they get are a result of non Cisco memory.

Maybe there are people out there who regularly throw just any memory in
their Cisco and wonder why it's not recognized on boot up...but I can say
I've never called TAC for that...and generally if I call TAC, it's because
IOS is buggy.

It saw the memory.  (Real cisco RSP4 memory, just in an RSP8) It
booted.  It was REAL flakey though.  It didn't see anything in the Y bus
on boot but, if you removed the card and put it back in, it would see
it.  Very funky.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc