nanog mailing list archives

Re: Policy Routing

From: "Travis Pugh" <tdp () discombobulated net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:54:46 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <jlewis () lewis org>
Subject: Re: Policy Routing

I've had the same sort of thing proposed.  If the customer knows in
advance that you're going to send all their traffic through your cheapest
peer/transit path available, what's the problem?  They get what they pay
for...and for this sort of service, they'd obviously be paying noticably
less than best path routed customers.

full disclosure, no problem.  I've never personally seen a sales rep go in
and disclose something like this, and the original message was worded in
such a way ("[my] upper management has proposed that I route company X's
Internet traffic via a specific NSP ..") that did not indicate the customer
had any idea what was being proposed.

-travis