nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Question - how do work around pigheaded ISPs

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 06:53:41 -0800

Return the 172.16.0.0/16 block to the registry (ARIN, APNIC, RIPE or if
no one else IANA) and apply for multiple appropriately sized CIDR blocks
under the current registry allocation guidelines.
While I fully agree with this approach to deal with the issues mentioned,
it will only exhaust the new address space more quickly.  Why should we
give up on 128/2?

because when the registries have different allocation policies in 128/2,
the isps will follow.  just as we did in old A space.

randy