nanog mailing list archives

Re: home.nl NOC contact number.

From: Scott Walker <scott () unspeakable org>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:46:55 -0500

Someone from the .nl domain got into our database server, and proceeded to
delete everything.. I got his ip... So I'm hunting him down...

We got backups, but still ... This was a pretty big deal..

Quoting Scott A. McIntyre <scott () xs4all nl>:
Also sprach Scott Walker (scott () unspeakable org):

Does anyone happen to have a contact number for home.nl's noc? I need to
speak with someone there ASAP about a incident that just occured.

Sadly, I would not expect much by reply from them.

   Technical Contact:
      Andre van Leeuwen
      Phone: +31 20 885 5733
      E-mail: andre () corp nl home com

In theory, is what is in RIPE, however, as I report events to them all
the time, we hear almost nothing.  What was the incident, out of
curiosity?

--
Scott Walker                                         scott () unspeakable org
Cell 954.444.3408                               http://www.unspeakable.org

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

       `